We follow the eligibility requirement set by the American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC) on minority applicants as the basic guideline for our Underrepresented Medical Minority (URM) Mentorship program.
The AAMC considers you as a minority for their minority applicant registry if “you are economically disadvantaged or of low socio-economic status (SES), or you self-identify as a member of a racial or ethnic group historically underrepresented in medicine”, including:
- American Indian/Alaska Native
- Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander
In order to be connected to your mentor, please observe the following requirements:
- You are a college student or college graduate.
- You are a United States citizen or permanent resident.
- All application materials are completed to the fullest of your ability.
- If your application is deemed incomplete or inadequately completed, then you may not receive a response with a mentor.
If you meet these eligibility requirements, please click the “Application” tab above to get started.
Once your submit your application, we will match you with one of our PremedHQ DIME coaches who is either a medical student or a doctor. Once again, the information you have submitted to PremedHQ will remain fully confidential. We will be using the information you submit internally, to match you with the ideal coach.
Due to how busy our DIME coaches are, please be patient as the matching process can take up to two week. Rest assured, you will have a mentor email you – so please check your email regularly in these next two weeks. The email for your mentor will include instructions for the meeting. You will be able to coordinate a meeting time directly with your mentor.
Thank you once again for joining us on this initiative. We look forward to helping you succeed.